Friday, October 31, 2014

Easy Fall Table Centerpiece

With today being Halloween, that means the spooky decorations will be put away tomorrow and the rest of my Fall decorations will take their place.  I was looking for something not too big but not too small to go on my kitchen island and then remembered something I saw on Pinterest a few months ago for a summer centerpiece.  So with that inspiration, I finally found the vase I just knew I had somewhere around the house, gathered up my burlap ribbon, Glue Dots, Core'dinations cardstock, and my "Harvest Friends" cutting file from Little Scraps of Heaven and started crafting. 

(click to view larger image)

I think this centerpiece turned out just perfect.  For whatever reason, my photo makes the vase look small, like a votive, but it is actually about 6 inches in diameter and about 5 inches tall.  The leaves turned out so pretty and cool looking and I love the rustic look they have with the burlap ribbon.  I also really like how the candy corn blends right in with the colors of my Fall owls.  

Okay...confession time!  The vase looks like it is totally full of candy corn, but actually there is another smaller glass inside the vase and the candy corn is in between the two glasses.  I have a couple LED candles inside the smaller interior glass so that, when turned on, the candy corn and leaves will have a little glow in the evening time.

I hope this simple and easy project has given you a little inspiration!

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!



1 comment:

  1. Brilliant....a little addition makes big impact! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete