Friday, October 3, 2014

Hocus Pocus Thank You Cards

Well this was a FUN project!  I wanted to make some cards to give to my table guests to thank them for joining me at the Hocus Pocus event and was suffering from a creative block.  While browsing the Little Scraps of Heaven Designs website I came across this fairly new collection called "Halloween Stencils" and, all of a sudden, my creative block was OVER!!!  Out came the papers, cutting mat and adhesive and these babies were whipped up in no time.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stencil collection.  It is so danged easy to put these together that it's scary!  


(click to view larger image)

Seriously, these stencils are two pieces....yes, two pieces each (except for the skull -- you have to glue the eyes and nose on separately).  I cut these at around 3.5" x 3.5" (scalloped mat) and then made my own little card base by cutting strips of black cardstock 8.5" x 4.25", scored the strips in half and folded for a 4.25" x 4.25" card.  I then cut out 4" x 4" squares of Halloween paper and voila -- a simple card was done!

Here is the inside of my card that I typed up on my computer and printed:



Here's a closer look at the stencils:








There's another stencil in this collection - a Tombstone - but I didn't make that one.  No reason other than I wanted more "witchy" stuff for my cards since that was the theme of the party.

I can't stress enough how super cute these are in real life and how EASY they are to make!  Here's a link to the Halloween Stencil collection on the LSHD website:

http://www.littlescrapsofheavendesigns.com/item_1201/Halloween-Stencils.htm

Hope you enjoyed seeing this project!  Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment