Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Shades of Fall Layout

Well, fall is finally beginning to show its beautiful shades of color around my neighborhood and that's what my inspiration was for this layout.  The paper piecing patterns I used are from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs and they are "Squirrel With Acorns" and the leaves are from the "Harvest Friends" collection.

(click to view larger images)

I've had some of the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered cardstock by Core'dinations in all these fall colors for a little while now and wondered how it would look to make leaves out of them. Umm...fantastic!!!  They turned out so cool looking especially after I shaded the edges with the Vintage Photo Ranger Distress Ink.


The Squirrel With Acorns is an absolute adorable file and went together so easily.  For the tops of the acorns I scored them on my Scor-Pal and then inked over the score marks with the same Distress Ink for some added dimension.  The whole piece looks so natural on top of a couple more leaves, don't you think?


Here are the links to the two LSHD patterns I used in this layout:


I designed the title for this layout in SCAL2 and used a font called HomewardBound.

Thanks for looking at my Shades of Fall project.  Until next time...Happy Scrapping!



2 comments:

  1. Love your page. Too Cute!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Marcia
    mvanhoosan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the mini album...but I can't leave a comment on you facebook page do to your settings...

    ReplyDelete