Monday, October 13, 2014

Cutest Little Giants Fan Layout

Okay...I don't follow Major League Baseball, but I think I really knocked this layout out of the park! One of my very good friends is a die-hard SF Giants fan and she is expecting her first grandbaby (a girl!) in a couple weeks.  After seeing all the adorable Giants onesies, headbands and clothes she bought months ago for the new baby, this layout was an absolute MUST!  It's going in the infamous baby shower gift album that I'm working my you-know-what off to finish to give to the mama-to-be, hopefully before she delivers! Only two more layouts to go...

For a one-page layout, there's really a lot behind this.  For starters, I called around looking for SF Giants scrapbook paper.  Fortunately the Beverly's in Modesto had this so I didn't have to drive too far for it.  Of course driving around 20 miles for a $1.29 sheet of paper ended up costing me $24.67 but that's a whole other story.  I was disappointed that there were no stickers or other embellishments to go with the paper but I knew I'd figure something out.

After getting home with my prized Giants scrapbook paper I started searching the Internet for some free "official" SF Giants logos, clipart, etc.  I printed off the present Giants logo on photo paper and downloaded the official "SF", wondering if I could possible get it into SCAL2 and cut my own embellishment. Well, as you can see, I was able to Trace it in SCAL2 but I couldn't figure out if there was a way to separate the shadow part.  I thought "no biggie, will make my own".  It took a couple tries but I got my shadow to fit perfectly and it was a HOME RUN!!!  Love how it turned out.

So back to the layout...

Here it is in all its glory:

(click to view larger images)




I had actually purchased some orange with large white polka dot paper to make the picture frame. It was cute, but just way too much orange for the layout.  It was making me twitch, so I calmed it down with a soft gray instead.  Much better...twitching went away.

The black loopy border is from a Martha Stewart punch, the title "Cutest Little" is a font I have on my computer called Team Spirit and the "Fan" is another font called Freshman.  The paper piecings are from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs and are from the Little League collection. I think they added just the perfect whimsical touch to this layout. Here is a quick link to that file if you'd like to check it out:


I hope you enjoyed this post and like the layout!  Gotta go think about the next layout for the baby album... so until next time, Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment