Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sunflower Layout

Happy Saturday!  And speaking of happy...this layout totally makes me smile!  I just LOVE sunflowers and when I took my grandson to one of the local pumpkin patches a few days ago, there was a huge section of sunflowers growing there.  Guess what that meant???  Picture time!!!  I have to admit that while we were taking these pictures I already knew exactly which scrapbook papers I wanted to use!  Been saving those babies for a long time and finally have just the perfect photos and paper piecings to go on them.  Let's also give a hand to the great little 7-year-old photographer who got grandma AND the sunflowers in the shot!!! (clap, clap, clap)

The paper piecing is the "Scarecrow and Pumpkin Photo Cluster" file from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. Although it's designed to use with a photo, for this layout it worked perfectly to hold my page title.

(click to view larger images)


This scarecrow turned out just adorable.  I remembered that I had some little button brads in my stash just dying to be used, so I busted those out and used them on his overalls instead of the paper piecing ones that are part of the file.  Oh, and since he had a free hand, I figured he could hold a little journaling tag I made by using my 1-1/4" circle and 1-1/2" scallop circle punches (LOL!).


There are a lot of little pieces for this corner embellishment but it was actually kinda fun putting it together.


I printed my title from my computer.  The fonts I used are CK Curly and CK Shadowed Block. The sunflower paper is from the Graphic 45 French Country collection and the circle in the middle of the green scallop is made from a paper that I've had ever since I started scrapbooking (yikes!).  It's a Tim Coffey embossed paper designed for K&Company.

Here is a quick link to the "Scarecrow and Pumpkin Photo Cluster" file on the LSHD website:


Hope you enjoyed this project!  Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment