Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch Layout

Today I'm sharing a layout I just finished titled "Fun at the Pumpkin Patch".  I think this turned out pretty adorable (if I say so myself) and has a LOT of little pumpkins in them.  They were so easy to make that I just sort of went crazy LOL!

The paper piecing files are from Little Scraps of Heaven.  I used the Harvest Crows and Pumpkin Patch Fun collections.  Harvest Crows is a new file from LSHD and the Pumpkin Patch Fun collection is actually in the "Retiring Soon" section on their website.  I fell in love with the cornstalks and hay bales so I grabbed this file up before it's gone forever!

Here's the whole two-page layout:

(click to view larger images)

As you can see, there are a LOT of little pieces all put together for this layout. For me this meant a LOT of chalking, but I really like that look so it didn't matter to me that it took like 3 days to put this whole layout together.  Lots of little details...

Here's a closer look at the first page:


Not sure why the little crows are looking blue in this picture -- they are really a charcoal gray with black shading. Hmmm...strange.  Maybe too much editing in Picasa???

The title turned out fun looking.  The Pumpkin Patch words were created in SCAL using a font I have on my computer, but the "Fun at the" was actually made using my Sizzix Big Kick (before it was released as the Big Shot) and some Sizzlets.  Yep, I actually busted those babies out and used them!  The Sizzlets font is called Cat & Mouse and it is ADORABLE!  I remember just having to have this set about 5-6 years ago and, hate to admit it, but this is the first time I used it!  May just keep this set out and handy...



These little Harvest Crows are just darling and are very easy to piece together. All the pumpkins are from this same collection.


The cornstalks and hay bales have a lot of pieces to put them together but the end result is so worth it!


And now a closer look at the second page:




Again, not sure why my little crows are looking so blue...

Anyway, hope you enjoyed checking out this layout.  Have a great weekend and, until next time, Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment