Thursday, June 4, 2015

Happy Birthday Layout

Hello and Happy Thursday!  Since my birthday was earlier this week I thought I'd make a birthday layout.  I've had this background paper by Best Creations for a very long time and when I re-discovered it in my stash I was really drawn to the colors and the sparkly balloons and stars.  So, as you can see, that's what I selected to use for my layout.  And, of course, I used four different shades of my beloved BoBunny dot papers!

(click to view larger images)



Aren't the paper piecings just adorable?  They are all made from the "Happy Birthday" set by Cuddly Cute Designs and you can see that pattern on their website HERE.   I absolutely LOVE the font that the title is made from.  I don't know which font it is (as it's part of the pattern), but it is just so fun looking don't you think?  I love how the "i" is dotted with a little star as it totally matches the little glittered stars that are part of my background papers.


As part of my ongoing goal to use something "old" on every project, I actually dug out some Doodlebug Flocking that I just HAD to have about eight years ago and have never used!  I used some of the purple flocking on the girl's party hat to make it look all fuzzy and girly and I think it turned out cute!



Look at all these presents!  These were so super easy to assemble that I made two sets!


What's a birthday celebration without cake, right?  This birthday cake was so easy to put together.  I decided to decorate it a bit and used some Silver Liquid Pearls and then added Gold Liquid Pearls to the serving platter.  I purchased the Liquid Pearls at the last Scrapbook Expo I attended in March so I was excited to finally use them!


Of course you need balloons at a birthday celebration!  I applied Diamond Stickles to the balloon strings so that they matched the ones on my background papers.  And what a fun coincidence that the background balloons had shimmery bows on them.... just like the ones in the Cuddly Cute pattern!  Meant to be... LOL!

Thank you for stopping by today!  Until next time... Happy Scrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment