Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Kissable Kid Layout

Today I'm sharing a two-page layout I created using two files from Cuddly Cute Designs:  The "Midnight Kisses" file which is geared towards a New Year's Eve celebration, and the "Scalloped Shapes" file.  Here's a look at the whole layout:

(click to view larger images)

As some of you may or may not know, I worked for Hershey Chocolate for a very, very long time in CA. When I saw the "Midnight Kisses" file I couldn't help but think about using it for a "Kissable Kid" layout. Our Hershey's Visitors Center used to have all kinds of souvenir items like bibs, onesies, and cups that had "I'm a KISSABLE Kid" printed on them and I always thought they were just adorable. We also used to have quite a few stuffed bear items (for the Hershey Bears Hockey Team), which was another reason why this file worked so perfectly for me.

Here are some closer looks at the first and second pages:



Did you notice my chocolate Kiss paper?  I've had this paper since somewhere around 2002 and it made a great photo mat and border, don't you think?

These "Kisses" made a great accent embellishment. The little wooden alphabet stamp set I got a long time ago from a class were just the right size to stamp "you" "are" "a" on each of the Kiss "flags". 


The "Midnight Kisses" pattern has a title included with it, but I made my own "Kissable Kid" title using the unwrapped chocolate Kiss pattern and a font I had on my computer that pretty much matched the original "Midnight Kisses" one. As you can see, I made three "shadow" layers for this title.


And just how stinkin' cute are these Bears?



I really love how my layout turned out and hope you will too!

If you'd like to see both patterns, you can find the "Midnight Kisses" pattern HERE and the "Scalloped Shapes" pattern HERE or you can check out the whole website at www.cuddlycutedesigns.com 

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time...Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment