Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sweet Easter Peeps Layout

Today I'm sharing a fun two-page layout I put together using the Cuddly Cute Designs' Easter Peeps, Scalloped Shapes, Fun Borders, and Egg Hunt files. Here's a look at the whole layout:

(click to view larger images)

And now just the first page:


The big egg-shaped page mat is from the Scalloped Shapes file from Cuddly Cute Designs.  I LOVED that there was an egg shape included in this pattern along with the Square, Rectangle, Circle and Banner.  So perfect for Easter layouts, don't you think?  I cut this egg shape at a proportionate 8.540" Wide by 11.154" High in SCAL and then sized a shadow for it which was .15" larger.

Here is a closer look at the top of my Easter title.  The green base and beige middle layer are made from glitter paper.  I used some 3M foam tape on this part of the title to raise it up off the page for some dimension.



The "SWEET" banner is from the "Fun Borders" pattern collection.  I added some older alpha stickers (another check mark for my "something old with something new" goal) and also added some really cool sequins that I purchased recently and just HAD to play with.  I also glue-dotted some of them on the lower green paper for just a little added "something".


Isn't this Easter Chick with all the colorful Peeps just this cutest?  This pattern is called "Easter Peeps" and was an absolute breeze to put together.  I added a couple more Peeps to this grouping to represent my seven grandkids.  Not sure you can tell by the photos, but all the Peeps are cut from glitter paper for a little touch of sparkle.  This grouping of Peeps and the rest of the title were also attached to the page using 3M foam tape for dimension and to make adding a 6x4 photo much easier.  As you can imagine, I'm planning on a group photo of me with all of them this Easter Sunday. Hmmm...wonder if I should plan on wearing a pink headband...


Whenever I have some small leftover glitter paper scraps, I've been making a habit of punching out different flowers, leaves, dragonflies, etc., and saving them for later use.  These flowers and leaves definitely came in handy for this layout!  And, for more of my "something old" goal, I used these adorable little Bunny Brads as my flower centers.  Just another nice subtle Easter touch. The yellow egg is from the Egg Hunt file pattern. 


Now here's a closer look at the second page:


I again used the Scalloped Shapes pattern and sized and shadowed the Rectangle to fit a 6x4 and 3.5x5 photo.


I added a few more Peeps, just because they are so cute and fun, and also added a smaller version of the Egg Scallop Shape and ran it through my printer to print "2015" onto it.


The plaid paper is by Authentique, the chick paper is by Doodlebug Designs, the dot paper is by BoBunny, glitter paper is from Core'dinations, cardstock is by Bazzill, and the green floral paper is by Heidi Grace Designs.

If you'd like to see the paper piecing patterns, you can find them on the Cuddly Cute Designs website HERE.

Thank you so much for visiting today!  I hope you enjoyed my layout and maybe it gave you a little Easter inspiration for your own scrapbooking!

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment