Friday, March 13, 2015

FLASH Layout

Here's a quick one-page layout I made using the current challenge over at Cuddly Cute Designs which is a Sketch Challenge.  I've had their Superhero Shirt files for a little while now and, for whatever reason, when I saw this Sketch I immediately thought of using that file.

(click to view larger images)

Cuddly Cute Designs' Sketch Challenge March 8-14, 2015

Last October my grandson's school was having a "Super Hero Cape Day" during their Red Ribbon Week.  He was so cute when he asked me, "hey Grandma, do you know how to sew?"  I told him I used to sew all the time, and what did he need?  He told me about the Cape Day and that he knew exactly what he wanted and, if he drew it could I sew it?  How could anyone say 'no' to that??? So he gave me his drawing which was for a "FLASH" super hero cape:


We went to the store for fabric, and we made a fun little FLASH Super Hero Cape for him.  I also had him participate in the lightning bolt placement, pinning and trying on so he could be a big part of this project.  So, of course, I HAD to take a couple photos of him with his new cape.

When this Sketch Challenge was revealed, I knew it was the one I had to use for the FLASH Super Hero Cape Day.  I was so excited that the Cuddly Cute Designs pattern included the FLASH Super Hero Shirt!


This pattern also includes the Super Hero insignia for Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Green Lantern, and Captain America to go on the front of the shirt. Whichever "super hero" your little person decides to be, there's probably a cute pattern you can use! Click here to see the whole pattern.

I designed my own FLASH title in SCAL2 using a font called SF Comic Script.  I also used the lightning bolt from the shirt to make my "Flash" photo mat.  I did this by placing the lightning bolt on a rectangle from the Shapes Library, selecting both, and clicking "Union".  I then made a shadow of this whole shape and cut them out along with the lightning bolt and layered them to complete my photo mat.  Turned out so cool (if I say so myself!).


I hope you enjoyed taking a look at my take on the Sketch Challenge! 

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment