Friday, March 20, 2015

Furry Little Leprechaun

Hope everyone is having a good week and has something fun planned for the weekend!  This past Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day and I decided to have some fun with our little Fur Baby named Maggie.  She was such a good sport, although once the photo session was over she ditched the props and made a super fast bee-line for Grandpa's lap LOL!

The Weekly Challenge for Cuddly Cute Designs this week is "50 Shades of Green" and the challenge is to make anything using all different shades of green.  Since I had the perfect picture of Maggie with her glittery "shades" of green on, I just knew I needed to make a scrapbook layout!  So here is my funny one-page layout that I titled "Furry Little Leprechaun".

(click to view larger images)
I love all the different shades of green in my papers and, as you can see, I'm totally not afraid to mix a bunch of patterns together LOL!  I used the clover and Leprechaun Hat paper piecing patterns from the "Lucky Train" collection by Cuddly Cute Designs.  The Leprechaun's Hat is actually one of the train cars in this collection but I turned it upside-down and enlarged it for my layout.  I also enlarged the stemmed clover from this file, copied it and made the copy a shadow and cut them out of two different shades of green cardstock.  I ran the lighter one through my computer to journal that it was Maggie and the date.


In keeping with my goal of using something old with every new project, I used some ribbon and a little pot of gold embellishment piece that I've had on hand for quite some time.


For the title, I printed "Furry Little" onto a lighter piece of green cardstock from my computer and I designed and cut out the word "Leprechaun" in SCAL using a font called Dumbledor 1 Wide.  Love the old Irish look of this font.


Thank you so much for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed taking a look at our little furry Leprechaun!  Here's a quick link in case you'd like to see the whole  "Lucky Train" pattern collection -- it really is adorable and worth the peek!  Lucky Train Collection

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment