Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Easter "Leftovers" Layout

It's been a busy week working on invitation, flyer, and favor projects for other people and then I remembered yesterday was the deadline to get my second Design Team project in for the week over at Cuddly Cute Designs. Hmmmm...what to do, what to do?  But sitting on part of my work space was this pretty little stack of completed - but unused - Easter paper piecings that didn't make it onto any projects.  I called them my "leftovers".  So instead of trying to figure out which new set of patterns to make, I decided to take these leftovers and see what I could come up with.  And here it is:

(click to view larger images)

I have to admit that picking out the background papers turned out to be the easiest EVER for me.  I simply opened up my "Easter" paper storage container and, as luck would have it, this zig zag paper was right on top and the colors went perfectly with my pieces...YAY!  Then when I took that paper out of the container, there was a 4 x 12 green gingham piece of "leftover" paper and, since I LOVE mixing patterned papers together, it was another score!

Found some Happy Easter ribbon in my stash, pulled out a paper doily, found some absolutely PERFECT alpha stickers (that I've had for probably at least 9-10 yrs -- thank goodness they still stuck!) and started putting everything together.  I LOVE how this "leftover" layout turned out.

These little Peeps are from the "Easter Peeps" file, the sign is from "Carrot Patch", eggs are from "Egg Hunt", the little grass patch is from "Spring Bunny", and the two ducks are from "Quacking Eggs":


The little scalloped egg in the corner is from the "Scalloped Shapes" file as is the scalloped photo mats.  Love this file!!!



The alpha stickers on my "Easter" title were made by American Craft, the doily was purchased at a LSS, the little white flowers are "Spare Parts" from Hobby Lobby and the foam "2015" are from a Thickers sticker sheet.  And, last but not least, those adorable kids are from the clan LOL!

Thank you for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed my "leftover" layout!

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment