Sunday, April 19, 2015

#1 Baseball Mom Layout

Today is my daughter's birthday and I just finished a surprise layout for her.  My son-in-law coaches my 7-year old grandson's youth baseball team this season which means my daughter is now an official "Baseball Mom".  She makes all the parent reminder phone calls, keeps the kids in line while they are in the dugout, gives them their batting order, helps suit up whoever is playing Catcher, checks the score, eats sunflower seeds, and, most importantly, makes sure they LOOK before they practice SWING a bat (have had some very close calls!) - Yikes!!!

Here's the whole layout and then each page separately:

(click to view larger images)



For this project I used the girl baseball player, bat, glove, ball, and home plate patterns from the Cuddly Cute Designs "Baseball" file.  The girl in the pattern actually has ponytails, but since my daughter has short dark hair I didn't add those. I totally customized this paper piecing from the team uniform colors right down to some double pierced earrings.  This cutting file also comes with a "Home Run" title, but it didn't go with my layout so I designed my own in SCAL2.  I hand-cut the banner and then ran it through my printer to add a little team support (Go Cowboys!).


I really wasn't sure what to add to my second page as far as embellishments go, but then thought about making some extra bats, balls, a glove and another home plate.  I added some baker's twine to the bats just for fun.  After adding these extra piecings to a strip of plain black paper, I think I "knocked it out of the park" with this different type of border (sorry, couldn't resist!).


Here's a quick link to the Cuddly Cute Designs website so you can see what all is included in this file:  BASEBALL FILE

Thank you for allowing me to share this layout with you!  I love how it turned out and hope my daughter will too!

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment