Thursday, April 23, 2015

Earth Day Layout

Happy Thursday everyone! Yesterday was Earth Day 2015 and since Cuddly Cute Designs has an awesome FREEBIE file this week (the Earth Day Bear), I thought I'd use it to make a fun one-page layout.

Click to view larger images

This little guy came together so quickly and easily! I paired him with the fence and grass from the Spring Bunny file and the scalloped photo mats are from the Scalloped Shapes file. And just how perfectly did the 3D butterfly stickers I found in my stash work? Love them, plus it keeps me in line with my goal of using something old with everything new that I make.



I designed my "Happy Earth Day" title in SCAL using a font called CK Kiddo. Confession time...when I was making the shadows for the title, the bottom one didn't turn out large enough so instead of making another one, I just slightly offset it to look like a drop shadow instead.  And quite by accident, when I put the "Happy" onto the page, the "drop shadow" actually looked like it was part of the border shadow I used under my BoBunny Dot paper.  Love it when these types of "accidents" happen LOL!


I'm also very happy that I was able to use nothing but SCRAPS for this whole layout with the exception of the 12x12 background paper, which came from an older DCWV I've had for a while called "The Green Stack" and it is made completely from recycled paper. Perfect for Earth Day!

Here is a link for this week's FREE Earth Day Bear at Cuddly Cute Designs:  FREEBIE 

Enjoy the rest of your week!  Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment