Thursday, April 30, 2015

Birthday Card

Last weekend was my niece's 23rd birthday and I'd like the share the card I made for her.  Since I'm on the Design Team for Cuddly Cute Designs, I wanted to make my card for her using one of their designs.  As I was going through all my CCD patterns trying to decide which one to use, I came across the "Bear With Roses" file and remembered that my niece's middle name is Rose.  That was it -- I knew I had to use that one.

I wanted to keep the card pretty simple, so I decided to use just the bundle of roses that is part of this pattern.  Here's my card:

(click to view larger image)

The roses in this pattern are very easy to assemble and I just LOVE the dimensional look they have.  Each rose has 5 pieces, not counting the stems & leaves, but please don't let that scare you LOL!  Like I said, very easy to assemble!

After completing my bundle of roses, I glued them onto a scalloped oval I had made a long time ago and didn't use.  They fit perfectly onto this oval and the end result was a very pretty but simple card front.

I printed off my simple birthday sentiment for the inside of the card, glued a 2" strip of the red paper on the opposite side of the cover (which I forgot to photograph!) and slipped a little "something" into it for the birthday girl.  Quick and easy card, but one with a lot of heartfelt thought put into it.

If you'd like to see the entire Cuddly Cute Designs "Bear With Roses" pattern, you can find it HERE 

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time... Happy Scrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment