Thursday, November 6, 2014

Jack-O-Lanterns Light the Night Layout

A friend told me about a home on the outskirts of town that makes this huge lighted Jack-O-Lantern display every year in their front yard for everyone to enjoy.  It's only up for 5-6 days, but wow...it is incredible!  The amount of work that goes into this for such a short period of time just goes to show you how much this family really gets into this labor of love.  There are probably 200 pumpkins that get donated by a pumpkin patch to this family.  It takes them a whole day to hull out the pumpkins and then the carving fun begins.

The display has all kinds of themes... traditional Jack-O-Lantern faces, Peanuts Gang, Star Wars, Graveyard, Neighborhood, Witches, Sports Logos, FFA/4H/Scouts logos, --- well, you get the picture!

I took my grandson and one of his friends to see it the day my friend told me it was all lit up.  Good thing we went because, as it turned out, that was the last night the display was going to be available to enjoy (night after Halloween).  The whole yard was lit up like Christmas and it was AMAZING!   My pictures of the lit up pumpkins turned out not to be the greatest, but hey.... a bad picture is better than no picture at all, right?  The pictures totally do not give the display justice...you really had to be there to witness how awesome everything was.

So, of course, I needed to scrapbook our Jack-O-Lantern adventure!  I really like how my layout turned out.

(click to view larger images)



I designed my own titles in SCAL2 using three different fonts and love, love, love how the "Light the Night" portion of the title looks on the moon with the bats.



The paper piecings from LSHD worked perfectly on this layout.


The moon, bats, tree and curvy pumpkins are from the LSHD "Spooky Hollow" collection.  The other more upright pumpkins are from "Harvest Crows".



The fence is the "Spooky Fence" pattern.


And, lastly, this is the super fun "Stacked Pumpkins" file.

I appreciate you stopping by and hope you enjoyed seeing all the details of this layout.

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout...wish I could have seen all of those pumpkins in one yard! Soooo, what did you use for the grass? Looks like a crackled paper???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! The pumpkins were amazing all lit up! Yes, for the grass I used the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered paper by Core'dinations. That line is becoming a favorite because the finished product always looks so cool no matter which color you use.

    ReplyDelete