Thursday, November 20, 2014

I Love Snowmen

Yes, it's true...I absolutely  LOVE snowmen!  I have a TON of snowmen in all shapes and sizes that I decorate with for Christmas.  My tree is decorated with snowmen ornaments and accented with acrylic snowflakes and icicles.  I have glass snowmen, metal snowmen, stuffed snowmen, and singing snowmen. They are ALL favorites, but there are a few that are extra special. I've always thought about scrapbooking some of my favorite decorations and, of course, wasn't something that I actually took the time to do.  Then I saw the "Vintage Snowman" and "Snowballs For Sale" patterns on the Little Scraps of Heaven Designs' website and knew these were exactly what I needed to finally get that project started.  Tah dah...here's my first page!!!

(click to view larger images)

In addition to the LSHD paper piecings on this layout, I used a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch, some glittered Thickers chipboard alphabet stickers, and the heart is a Sizzix Primitive Heart die-cut.  What's fun about using the snowflake border punch is you get these great little snowflake confetti to use somewhere else, which I did on the snowman's hat and scarf and on the bucket and sign.  I also used Icicle Stickles to accent just a little on the snowman, little snowflakes and the snowballs.

These two patterns from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs are sooo adorable!  I just love the old-fashioned look of this snowman...reminds me of how they looked when I was a little girl.


This bucket of "Snowballs For Sale" piecing is just way too cute!  Since my penmanship isn't the best, after I cut out the sign boards I ran them through my computer to print the words on them.  I used a font called FlairRoman and changed the color to a dark brown.


I not only love snowmen, but I LOVE this layout.  Need to get busy making an accompanying page for it because we all know I have more than just two favorite snowmen to feature...

These two patterns are extremely reasonable in price ($3 for both but right now the Vintage Snowman is on sale for $1.50).  Here are the links to the LSHD paper patterns if you'd like to check them out:



Thanks for visiting with me and, until next time...Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment