Saturday, November 8, 2014

Cute Christmas Card

Today I went to a Craft Fair with two of my besties and had so much fun with them shopping, sampling, and laughing.  I just loved seeing all the handmade items and admiring the handiwork of others.  I really appreciate how much time it must have taken the crafters to make all their beautiful items. Needless to say, among the three of us we came home with our fair share of new holiday decorations, dip, cake and soup mixes, and aprons (yes, aprons...).

With the many Christmas items that were there to be seen, touched, and enjoyed, I certainly came home with a sense of Christmas Spirit -- even though it was 75 degrees outside and only the 8th of November!

I've had this "Candy Cane Penguin" cutting pattern from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs for quite sometime and thought that today was the day to make something out of it since I was in a Christmas state of mind.  So I made this cute little Christmas Card:

(click to view larger image)

The card itself is made on the black cardstock.  My photo makes it look like the red background is part of the card, but it isn't.  Anyway, the card has several layers:  the black cardstock, white glitter paper by Core'dinations, red cardstock, Bo Bunny Dot paper and the paper piecing.  The sentiment is from a stamp set that I've had forever.  I colored in the open spaces in the lettering with a red glitter pen and then just double matted the stamped image with more of the black and red cardstock paper.  I used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch set on the white glitter paper.  The bonus was that I now have a bunch of little tiny glitter snowflakes leftover from the punch.  I used a few of them on the blue Bo Bunny dot paper.

I lined the inside of the card with white cardstock that is matted with red cardstock.

Yeah, it's a little early for Christmas but I think this card turned out super cute!  Here is a quick link to the LSHD "Candy Cane Penguin" file in case any of you are interested in it:


Thanks for looking and, until next time...Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment