Wednesday, September 3, 2014

LSHD September Sketch Challenge

Over on the Little Scraps of Heaven Designs Facebook Fan Page they are having a Sketch Challenge that runs until September 14th.  Anyone who posts a project that follows the sketch design and uses any paper piecing made from LSHD files has an opportunity to win $15 worth of free patterns!  Your project can be either a layout or a card that follows the sketch design. Remember that you can only use designs from LSHD to qualify.

A winner will be randomly chosen on Sept. 15th. But, if there are at least 10 entries, TWO winners will be chosen!  So what have you got to lose??? 

Here is what the sketch looks like:




If you haven't done one of these challenges before, I have to say that the sketch is actually pretty easy to follow.  When I first saw it, for whatever reason I immediately thought about my grandson's upcoming Reptile Birthday Party (crazy, right???). So here's my take on the Sketch Challenge:

(click to view larger images)

Your project can be any theme you want.  You just have to follow the basic design of the sketch.  How easy is that???

My layout uses four different LSHD paper piecing files.  They are:  Lizard, SSSS-elebrate (yellow snake), Boy Meets World (the grass and coiled snake) and Boy On A Limb (the tree).  I designed the "turning 7" part of the title in SCAL myself using the Mandingo font. You can use just one LSHD paper piecing file or a combination of files like I did.

Here are some close-up pictures.


Even though I am NOT a snake lover (eek!!!), I love how this snake turned out. I remembered that I had a texture plate that I got like 7 years ago and never used before that would work perfectly to make the snake skin texture. After running it through my Big Shot, I chalked it with a Frosty White CatsEye to make it look more like one of the boa snakes that "Python Ron" would be bringing as part of the party performance.  The boa's name is Banana....go figure!




So there you have it!  I hope that some of you will take advantage of the Sketch Challenge and enter either a layout, card, or both!  Here's a link to the LSHD Fan Page:


Until next time...Happy Scrapping!






No comments:

Post a Comment