Thursday, September 18, 2014

Birthday Card

Well, the grandson is turning seven tomorrow and he's having a Reptile Birthday Party this weekend complete with...yep, you guessed it...reptiles!  Python Ron will be making an appearance with all kinds of snakes, lizards, spiders, tortoises, and who knows what else.  Still creeping me out but hey, it's not my birthday LOL!

Won't make any scrapbook layouts for the party until I see what pictures I have to work with, but I do have his birthday card completed.  It's simple, but will get the job done!

(Click to view larger image)

The snake is from the Little Scraps of Heaven Designs "Boy Meets World" collection.  I placed the tail differently on it  so it looked coiled up to hold the balloon bouquet. I was so proud of myself for making the balloons on my own in SCAL.  I took two shapes from the Shapes Library (an oval and an asterisk) and put them together, performed a "Union" and voila!  Balloons!!!  The sentiment is a really old Mrs. Grossman's sticker that I had in my stash.  It was white and didn't look right on the card, so I colored it with my red Wink of Stella brush. Much better!

I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card, but I came up with "Sammy the Snake is slithering by to wish you a Happy 7th Birthday" and printed it up on paper and glued it to the inside of the card.  I'm including a package of snake stickers that I got from Michael's (yep, they actually had a whole set of these!) that I'm sure the Birthday Boy will enjoy.

So that's it for today.  Until next time, Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment