Sunday, February 22, 2015

We BEE Scrappin' Layout


Have you ever seen a paper piecing pattern and it instantly makes you think "OMG I have some pictures that would work perfectly with this"??? Well, that's what happened with me when I saw the "Queen Bee Girls" pattern from Cuddly Cute Designs!

Back in 2013 I threw a small National Scrapbook Day celebration for some friends and my theme was "We BEE Scrappin". It was so fun decorating and planning everything BEE related LOL!  Although I have more photos to scrap from this super fun day (yeah, I'm just a little behind on my scrapbooking LOL!), here's a look at my beginning pages:

(click to view larger images)

Here's a closer look at the first page:


The Bee Hive is so adorable and easy to assemble.  The little Daisies are just the cutest and, yes, each petal is separate but that's what makes them so cute! I love being able to shade each petal which, to me, makes the whole flower just pop off the page.  So worth the extra chalking (I use the Cats Eye Fluid Chalks by ColorBox).


These little Bees and the Queen Bee sitting on a bed of daisies while holding her jar of honey go so perfectly with the wording I had on the inside of my invitation ("Hope you can BEE there -- We're sure to have a HONEY of a time").


The front of my invitation doesn't include any Cuddly Cute Design patterns but I still love it and it made a great title block for my page!  The bees are from an older svg file I had from another company (**ahem**) waaaay before I became a Design Team Member for CCD!  I designed the "We BEE Scrappin" title myself in SCAL2 and it's so cute sitting on top of the black polka dotted ribbon (which everyone got in their SWAG bucket also).


And now here is the second page:


For years my scrappin' buddies have been calling me "Queen", so how perfect was the "Queen Bee" title from CCD?  Even though you can't see the detail on my yellow shirt in this photo, it is blinged out with the words (what else??) QUEEN BEE LOL!!!  And check out my shoes... took an old pair of black sandals and put strips of yellow duct tape on them - hilarious!


I just love how this little Queen Bee turned out.  Everything about her is just so adorble!  When I was laying the pattern out on my computer, I actually sized the wings down a bit; no reason other than just my preference.  I used white Core'dinations glitter paper to cut them out.


After I had my pages all laid out and ready to glue, it just seemed like something was missing so I cut out more of the daisies and added them at the top of the photos on my second page.  Much better!  The little daisies on the photo captions are actually from a self-adhesive border roll that I got from Michaels.  It was part of the SWAG (Stuff We All Get) bucket that everyone got. Using it and the little bee stickers kept me in line with my goal of using something "old" on my "new" projects -- so YAY!!!


If you're interested in the "Queen Bee Girls" pattern from Cuddly Cute Designs, here's a quick link for you to check it out:  Queen Bee Girls

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Until next time...Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment