Saturday, February 7, 2015

Lucky Leprechaun Layout

Hi there!  Today I'm sharing my new two-page layout that is titled "Lucky Leprechauns".  I just LOVE how this turned out and especially how the paper piecings just pop off the background paper.  I have so many St. Patrick's Day papers and the majority of them are different tones of green, but I really love how the orange tones on this background paper compliment the Leprechauns' beards! 

(click to view larger images)

For this layout I used two different files from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. The clover border is from one of their newest collections called "Feeling Lucky" and you can see the whole collection here.  As soon as this collection was released, I could not wait to get my hands on it mainly because I was just getting ready to design my own clover border...and then I didn't have to. Happy Dance Time!!!  The other adorable pieces are from the "Happy Leprechaun Collection" and you can view it here.  And now for some closer looks at this layout!

This is the first page:


I pop-dotted this little leprechaun dancing a "jig" for some addition dimension.


I designed my own title in SCAL2 using a font called Dumbledor. 


So what's your take on the Lucky Horseshoe....ends up or ends down?  I actually struggled with this one because I had always heard they should be pointed up so the good luck didn't run out, but after reading up on it on the Internet (yes, I was curious enough to look it up!), it can apparently be pointed up OR down, down meaning the good luck would pour down on those who passed under it.  So fingers crossed it's good luck either way!  I also outlined the horseshoe in gold glitter pen, even though the photo doesn't really show it.


And now the second page:


The rainbow pattern doesn't have a base to it, but each color fits perfectly next to the other to form this beautiful rainbow and the cloud is a cute touch, don't you think?


This lucky Leprechaun is having so much fun tossing all the coins he found in the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow!  I chalked the coins and also highlighted them with a gold glitter pen for a little extra "bling". The Leprechaun and Pot of Gold are pop-dotted also, again for added dimension. 


I cut out extra clovers to use as fillers in some empty spots and to add more continuity.


The clover border was just the perfect accent I needed for this page.  When you cut it out on the diagonal with SCAL, it actually turns out to be about 13-14 inches long.  This totally worked for me because I needed it to span over both pages of my layout.  


I've had this plaid paper in my stash for a really long time and it was the perfect one to use for my photo mats and it also kept me in line with my goal to use something old with all my projects LOL!   I think the orange mats brings out all the orange tones in the background paper.


So there you have it!  I'm so LUCKY you stopped by today and I hope you enjoyed my Lucky Leprechauns project.

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment