Saturday, January 31, 2015

Kissable Layout

Happy Saturday!  I hope you're having a great weekend so far!  I've been having so much fun in my scraproom today making this layout.  I used cutting patterns from the "Beary Sweet" collection by Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. When I saw this file, I knew I had to have it and also knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  And here it is.... my "Kissable" layout:

(click to view larger images)

I've had these Hershey Kiss papers for a really long time and thought it was time to quit admiring them and USE them LOL!  

The frame is not included in this collection but all the pieces needed to make it are.  I made my own frame by placing and sizing two rectangles on my eCAL virtual mat and grouped them together.  I then copied the Kiss and flag patterns and layered them on top of one another onto the rectangles, selected everything and clicked "Union" and then cut it out (the red Bo Bunny Dot paper part).  I then copied this piece and made it a shadow, which is the black.  I glued the red frame onto the black shadow.  Next I cut out the Kisses and flags and glued them onto the red paper and took a blue Gelly Roll pen and wrote "Kisses" on the flags.  Voila -- I had my Kiss frame!  Here's a close-up of the frame top:


I then cut out the Truffle Bear from the LSHD files but instead of him holding a truffle, I cut out another Kiss and had him hold that instead:


Next was my title.  I just wanted something simple, and "Kissable" totally fit the bill.  I cut this out using a font called Lavanderia.



So there you have it....my Kissable layout.  This layout can be used for pictures from not only Valentine's Day, but just about anything!  Here's a quick link to the pattern if you'd like to check it out:


Thanks for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed my project.  Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment