Sunday, January 4, 2015

"Building Memories" Gingerbread House Layout

Now that Christmas is over it's time to scrapbook all those great pictures we took, right?  Today I'm sharing a two-page layout I made to add some adorable pics of my grandson making a gingerbread house that I titled "Building Memories".  For the paper piecings I used the "Building Christmas Memories" collection by Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.  

(click to view larger images)



This file also includes patterns for little girls, but since I know it's just my grandson in my photos I opted to use just the boy.

In the file, this particular pose is shown with a little girl pattern but I just reversed the arms on the little boy pattern to have him holding the gingerbread house front.  Just shows you how adaptable these pieces are!



The finished Gingerbread House up by my title isn't really a file in this set, but since all the pieces were technically there, I built my own :-)  Just sized a few up, a few down and voila!  Instant Gingerbread House and I think it turned out ADORABLE!


The title was made from Thickers alphabet stickers and I think they worked perfectly with their white stitching, and I used some Icicle Stickles on the gumdrops and icing squirts.




The heart is a Sizzix "Primitive Heart" die and I added some flowers and a little gingerbread man epoxy tile that I made using some really, really old paper and the square Epiphany punch.  One of my New Year's resolutions is to try to use something "old" on all my "new" projects and so far I'm batting 1,000 LOL!  This layout includes FIVE items I haven't used much and now I'm all jazzed to use some more! 


If you'd like to use this paper piecing pattern, here is a quick link to it on the LSHD website:


Thank you for allowing me to share my scrapbooking projects with you -- I hope you enjoyed this layout and that it gave you a little inspirational "boost" to scrap YOUR Christmas pictures!

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment