Monday, January 26, 2015

Instant Buddies Layout

Have you ever had some photos and papers all set aside for a layout you just couldn't wait to put together but then got distracted and next thing you know a ton of time has gone by with nothing done? Well, that's the back story on this layout.  Yep, it's January 2015 and these photos and papers have been begging to be used since January 2010!!!  Now that this layout is all finished, I can't help but wonder why in the world I didn't get this done sooner.  Oh well, better late than never, right?

These photos are of my grandson the day after he got his dog, Rocco.  They were instant BFF's and have remained that way ever since! 

(click to view larger images)

The paper piecing pattern is from the "Wuff You Collection" by Little Scraps of Heaven Designs and has another pattern included which is of a sitting dog holding a heart - super cute!  


This file can be found under their "Retiring Soon" category, so if you would like these patterns for your own, be sure to get them before they are gone! Here's a quick link to the pattern:


I've made a scrapbooking goal for myself this year and that is to use something "old" (stuff in my stash) with my something "new" (completed project).  I have so many embellishments from stickers, brads, eyelets, ribbons, well - you get the picture, that I just had to have when they were purchased and somehow became a collection instead of being used.  For this layout I used a self-adhesive felt border that says "Woof Bow Wow Best Friends" and a metal brad that I got at a Scrapbook Expo a very long time ago and both are from Queen & Co.  They worked perfectly with my papers and photos!




I printed the caption from my computer and used a font called "Good Dog" by Creating Keepsakes.  I loved that it went so well with my Puppy Love paper.  

I hope you enjoyed seeing my layout!

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment