Friday, January 30, 2015

Mud Run Layout

Back in 2012 my daughter completed her first Survivor Mud Run and my grandson (then 5 years old) and I got to see her finish the first two of the 25 obstacles (spectators were not allowed on the actual course which was a bummer) and then see her cross the Finish Line.  Even though she was covered pretty much from head to toe with mud, he told her afterwards that he wanted to do that! She heard about another mud run called "Muddy Buddy" that was coming up that had a "Mini" run just for kids and signed him up.

He was SO excited!  The day was fun and it was hilarious watching all the little kids (with a grown-up) go through their mini obstacle course getting all muddy and winning their medal as they crossed the finish line.  What a perfect event to scrapbook!

Here is my layout I made using the "Mud Run" pattern files from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.

(Click to view larger images)

Since my grandson has the bluest eyes, I had to give my little characters here blue eyes!



And now here are some closer looks at the paper piecings.  First, the title:


Here's my messy little guy crawling over the fence. 


What's a mud run without being waist deep in mud, right?  I have to admit, it felt a little "wrong" muddying up my little characters with inks LOL!


This little guy is just beginning his race, so he's not all muddy yet!


I hope you enjoyed seeing this layout as much as I enjoyed putting it together!

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment