Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Love Bug & Little Lady Layouts

Hi Everyone!  Today I'm sharing my two latest layout projects I made using cutting files by Cuddly Cute Designs.  First is my "Love Bug" one-page layout.


Although the original "Love Bug" file looks like a Valentine's Day pattern, as you can see you can use it for just about anything by simply changing the color scheme!  I just loved being able to use it to embellish these adorable pictures of my grandson from when he was 6-1/2 months old (he's 8 years old now!).




Here's a look at what the cutting file looks like:



 My second project is a two-page layout using the "Little Lady" cutting file:





I also used one of the borders from the "Pretty Borders" file, and a tag and banner from the "This & That" file all by Cuddly Cute Designs.


I absolutely LOVE how my journaling tag turned out. The two little hearts left over from another project were the perfect accents for the tag banner. The black dotted strip across the bottom is actually a ribbon that I glued onto a red strip of cardstock.

I've wanted to make this adorable Little Lady set for a while now; don't these pieces have just the cutest faces?


For my layout I wanted a larger scallop for the top border, so in order to do this I manipulated the border pattern piece in my cutting program by proportionately sizing it to around 15-16 inches long, then deselected the "Keep Proportions" box and increased the height to 2.25", cut it out on a 12x24 mat, then trimmed it on my paper cutter to fit centered on my 12x12 paper. Did the same thing for the black shadow. Sounds a little involved, but it really was pretty easy.


I also manipulated the ladybug wings a little differently in my cutting program by copying the wing, moved the dots inside one of the wings and 'grouped' them. This created a layer to add on top of the other wing piece, so basically the ladybug was assembled in three pieces: ladybug body, a solid black wing layer, and then a red wing layer with holes in it for the black wing base to show through instead of the ladybug body, solid red wing and separate black dots. Hope that makes sense!  Here's a photo of my assembly process that hopefully shows how I layered my ladybugs better (excuse the looks of my well-used cutting mat!).


For just a touch of sparkle, I also brushed the black title layer, the black flowers and the little girl's and ladybug's antenna pieces with a black Wink of Stella pen. 

Here are what the cutting files I used for this layout look like:

"Little Lady"

"Pretty Borders"


"This & That"

I hope you like my layouts and enjoyed my little cutting lesson LOL! It's just so nice knowing these files are versatile and can work for you in so many ways! Here's a quick link to the Cuddly Cute Designs website HERE in case you'd like to see everything else they have to offer!

Thanks for looking today -- Until next time...Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment