Wednesday, January 20, 2016

New Layout

Today I'm sharing a "royally" fun layout that says "Daddy, Someday I will meet My Prince but YOU will ALWAYS be My King".

(Click to view larger images)



For this layout I used three cutting files by Cuddly Cute Designs:  My Prince, Spooky Cutie Wizard (frog), and Horizontal Heart Borders (which is the latest FREEBIE).  Let's take a closer look at these pieces:

First, on top I used one of the FIVE Horizontal Heart Borders included in this FREEBIE (YES! There are FIVE amazing borders PLUS two Heart corner pieces!!!). Because my background paper was a little busy (gulp! did I just say that??) and it took away from the heart design, I decided to copy the border in SCAL2, change it into a "blackout" and layer it behind the border. Ahhh, all better!  Oh, and I cut these borders out on my 24x12 mat.


Next is this completely fantastic frog!  I absolutely LOVE this little guy!  Since girls need to kiss a lot of frogs before they meet their Prince, I thought adding a crown to him and a bouquet of flowers added a bit of fun whimsey.  The crown is from the "My Prince" title. Isn't he just the cutest thing???


And, speaking of the "My Prince" title, the original pattern includes the crown on it but since I knew I wanted the other piece of my title to be the main one, I decided to delete it.  To make this revised piece, I basically took just the words "My Prince" from the pattern, copied them, shadowed the copy, and then made another shadow to create the layered mats. Hope that makes sense!  For the "Daddy" part of the title, I used some red Thickers alpha stickers from my stash.


For the second part of my title (My King) I found a font that sort of resembled the font used in the original pattern, laid it out on my SCAL2 cutting mat, and then decided to add the crown and sword to jazz it up.  I think this turned out pretty cool if I say so myself LOL!


And last, but not least, is my King!  I have loved this pattern ever since it was released by Cuddly Cute Designs and got it right away.  But then the holidays came around and this file was put on the back burner. But he's here now and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how he turned out.  At first I was a little intimidated by all the little pieces (especially in the crown), but I have to say they were not hard at all to cut out, chalk up and assemble.  The end result is so worth the extra couple minutes!


In case you'd like to see what the original cutting files looked like before I 'tweaked' them a little, here they are (the Heart Borders can currently be found under the **FREEBIE** link on the website):

My Prince

Spooky Cutie Wizard

Horizontal Heart Borders


And click HERE to link over to the CCD website.

So there you have it -- I hope you enjoyed this project!

Until next time ... Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment