Saturday, January 9, 2016

Latest Projects

Hi everyone!  Here are some of my latest projects that I'd like to share with you today.  First off is a one-page layout I made that I titled "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town".  I used the "Christmas Carols" file by Cuddly Cute Designs on this layout and just love how my little caroling bears and lamp posts turned out! I co-chaired a ladies event in December where we had our "guys" (spouses, sons, friends, etc.) serve as our butlers and they all got together to surprise everyone with their rendition of the song "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town".  I'm so happy I was able to snap a photo or two of this terrific surprise and that it made such a fun layout.

(click to view larger images)

Next I made the Freebie "Swirly Tree" file from CCD which also includes a "Merry Christmas" title.  What a great giveaway!  I cut the tree out two times, each time using a different glitter paper for the swirls and different colored cardstock for the background.  I'm sort of liking the black background best, but actually love both looks!  The Merry Christmas title couldn't be any easier to assemble!


Next, a friend of mine was celebrating her son's First Birthday and asked me to make a banner for his party. It was a lumberjack themed party, and I couldn't be any happier with the way this banner turned out.  I used one of the Cuddly Cute Designs patterns from the "Banners Galore" file for the base and base shadow, and then used the lantern, campfire, roasting marshmallows, and tree elements from "The Great Outdoors" file. They worked perfectly for this theme, don't you think?  The lettering took a little patience but was soooo worth the extra effort.  I cut the letters out of a font called Pinewood and placed them on the digital woodgrain papers I had printed on a laser printer.  The red and black plaid paper is also from the digital paper pack I purchased online and was the absolute perfect background for this banner.








My latest project was using the "Pudgie Palz Gingers" file, also by Cuddly Cute Designs.  This one page layout highlights photos of me and my sister-in-law when we were at our downtown Old Fashioned Christmas Festival and "caught" the Gingerbread Man.  Imagine my surprise when I found out it was an old friend of mine!  This was such a fun layout and I just love how it turned out.  I printed all of the title and journaling from my computer but for the Gingerbread Man I used alpha stickers from my stash.  The black polka dot ribbon near the bottom was a great accent on top of the burlap looking patterned paper, and I couldn't resist using the little Gingerbread brads I had on hand either! 



Thank you for stopping by and checking out my latest projects!

Until next time ... Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment