Monday, January 18, 2016

Frosty Fun, Turtle Card and Cocoa Express Projects

Happy Monday to you all!  Today I'm sharing three recent projects that I made, all using cutting files from Cuddly Cute Designs.

First is my two-page layout using the "Cocoa Express" file.  I'm so happy with the way this turned out!

(click to view larger images)

My background papers are some that I've had on hand for a really long time; guess I was hanging onto them just waiting for the perfect project to use them on LOL!  The larger snowflake border is actually a ribbon that was in my stash and it matched perfectly!  The small border on the top of the pages is a strip I cut from the lined pattern paper.  Here are some closer looks at this layout:





Although you can't really tell from my photo, the spoon was made using silver paper.  This cutting file has quite a few small pieces to it and, at first I was a little intimidated by that, but I have to say everything went together so easily and quickly -- even surprised me!  And that little bit of extra inking and gluing is so worth the end result!

Next is an all-occasion card I made using the "Cuddly Critters Turtles" file.  I used an ivory card and topped it with different shades of green cardstock.  This turtle is actually one of four that are included in the cutting file set.  He's just so adorable and I love how he turned out!  Doesn't he have just the cutest face???


For quite a while I was punching out different shapes from any leftover project scraps and saving them for future embellishments.  That is where my dragonfly, flowers and leaves came from.

Lastly, here is another two-page layout that I titled Frosty Fun and it uses the "Playful Snowmen" file and trees from "The Great Outdoors" file.


These three Snowmen are having so much fun and they were so EASY to cut, chalk and assemble!  The trees were so simple and I added some Perfect Pearl pen to make them look like they had snow on them -- easy breezy!  I designed my own title and think it worked perfectly.  Here are some closer looks at this layout:







I found the snow covered tree patterned paper in my stash -- how perfect was that!!?!  I used glitter papers for the snow, snowflakes, photo mats and title for a 'glistening' effect and love how it looks!

I hope you've enjoyed these three projects!  If you'd like to check out the Cuddly Cute Designs files I used and more, you can find them HERE.  Right now ALL PATTERNS are on sale at 50% off.  Tami, the owner/designer of CCD, has released some more adorable patterns -- most recently some great Valentine's Day sets so be sure to check them all out!

Until next time ... Happy Scrapping!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment