Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Star Wars Layout

Happy Wednesday! Today I'm sharing a layout that is chock full of "GALAXY FRIENDS", which is the newest set by Cuddly Cute Designs.

(click to view larger images)


My son has been a Star Wars fan from Day One.  I've had these outdoor Polaroid (yes, Polaroid!) pics of him in his Darth Vader Halloween costume from a "galaxy far, far away" (okay, from 1978) and these Star Wars papers for at least 3-4 years (maybe longer!).  FINALLY the "Force" was with me when Tami from CCD released this awesome new collection.  

The minute this new set was available I couldn't wait to start working on my layout! I scanned my Polaroids and the one regular photo to make them larger and, unfortunately they are not as sharp as I'd like, but my motto is pretty much a bad picture is better than no picture!  Here is a closer look at Page 1 and Page 2:




I had so much fun watching these Galaxy Friends characters basically come to life while piecing them together. The detail on each one is just incredible! You can find this collection on the CCD website HERE


I printed the "A long time ago..." on regular cardstock
and then cut it to use as an embellishment mat for my
Darth Vader paper piece nameplate which was cut
from a Star Wars paper I had in my stash.
LOVE how this turned out!

Here's Yoda looking so wise!

C3P0 is just so cute -- love his expression!

R2D2 is so realistic looking that I could almost hear
him whirling and whistling!

Princess Leia is just beautiful in her
Intergalactic gown.

I absolutely LOVE this Luke Skywalker
piece mainly because of his longer boy
hair LOL!  I can definitely see myself
using this piece a lot more often!


I do have one small surprise on this layout and that is my Star Date journaling mat -- it actually opens up to document that it's my son and is held closed by magnets.




I absolutely love how this layout turned out and I hope you've enjoyed looking at it also!  Until next time... Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment