Monday, May 30, 2016

My Latest Layouts

I've been having so much fun in my scraproom lately playing with some new and not quite so new files by Cuddly Cute Designs. Here's what I've been up to:

I've had some great photos that I wanted to scrapbook of my grandson that my daughter sent to me during of their trip to New York in 2014 but didn't have just the right embellishments for them.  Then Tami, owner/designer of Cuddly Cute Designs, released this fabulous "New York" file a couple weeks ago and I was thrilled! Here's how I used it:

(click to view larger images)



All of the patterns included in this "New York" collection were easy to assemble, especially the title and Empire State Building. 



I was a little hesitant about using different shades of green for my Statue of Liberty (because the pattern doesn't show her skin color that way), but I have to say that I LOVE how she turned out. She ended up with the beautiful weathered sheen look which I got by using a Prussion Blue colored CatsEye Fluid Chalk for shading which gave my green papers a totally different look.


NYC is known for its taxis, and I'm so glad one is included in this set:


The last piece is the little boy with his "I [Heart] NY" shirt and it was the perfect piece to go next to the photo of my grandson sitting on the red LOVE art piece. My grandson has the bluest eyes, so naturally I gave this little guy blue eyes!


Here is what the "New York" pattern from Cuddly Cute Designs looks like so you can compare how it looks with my 'real' life version:


I also had some fun playing with the "Midnight Kisses" and "Cool Treats" files by CCD.  I used it for my layout that I made showing some highlights from the local Chocolate Festival that I attended with my SIL Susan on May 22nd.  




For this layout I used the clock and the chocolate Kisses from the "Midnight Kisses" pattern.  I grouped 12 of the individual Kisses together to make my border and then made two shadows of that border so that it would stand out. Notice the regular and dark Kisses???  I worked for Hershey Chocolate for 30 years and loved the regular and Special Dark Kisses (and still do!).


For the clock, I reduced some of the Kisses in size and used them for my time numbers.  I also added a couple of shadows to my clock to make it stand out better on my background paper. This clock made a fun accent piece to go with my title, don't you think?


Susan and I really enjoyed the chocolatey treats we got, especially the chocolate frosty ice cream and the chocolate covered strawberries.  The ice cream cone embellishment was made using the pattern included in the "Cool Treats" file by Cuddly Cute Designs and the chocolate covered strawberries were from my stash of things that I made a long time ago but never used.


Lastly, I'd like to share a special request project that I made for someone.  I had previously shared my "Tip Toe Through the Tulips" layout with you, and the request was for this same layout but for a BOY instead. Since this cutting file doesn't include a boy, I put my thinking cap on and used a couple of pieces from other patterns by CCD to make this adorable little tip toeing boy:




I love the "boy" twist on this layout and all the blue color variations.  Piecing together this little guy took pieces from three different patterns but I couldn't be happier with the way he turned out.  And, happily, my customer was THRILLED with the outcome.  It was such a great compliment to hear that she kept showing it off to ladies who were attending a NSD Crop with her - how cool is that???

Thank you for taking the time to check out these projects!  Until next time .. Happy Scrapping!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment