Sunday, July 6, 2014

Banner Weekend

Hope everyone had a safe and sane Fourth of July!  I actually spent some time in my scraproom making a special request for a past customer...a banner for a baby shower.  She provided the paper supplies to be used for this banner and, I have to say, that actually presented a challenge for me.  I was having a hard time wrapping my head around the color combinations, but once I finally figured out the sequence of paper layers and adding a couple of my own papers to the mix, the banner actually turned out pretty darned adorable (if I say so myself).  Here is how the finished project turned out:

(click photos to view larger images)

Originally I had not thought about putting the letters on a rosette, but once I was assembling the whole thing the letters just seemed like they were not "popping" and needed a little pizazz.  Since I had not used one of her patterned papers at all, I thought 'why not' and cut 1-1/2" strips, scored them at every 1/2" and started folding and gluing the rosettes together.  Again, something just wasn't right, so I decided to add a 3-1/2" circle made from the gold glitter paper to the back of each rosette and Voila! - it magically all came together...I was finally a happy scrapper. 

My customer had also provided some really nice white tulle to use, but since I used her gold glitter Coredinations paper as the base of the banner, the white tulle just didn't look right to me.  I had some gold shimmer tulle in my stash, so I tried it (since she gave me total creative control) and liked how it looked much better (and my shoulder quit twitching LOL!).  I used white and pink ribbons from my supplies to pull in those colors from the papers.  Also, since this banner is for a baby girl shower, I just couldn't resist adding a little bling on top of each ribbon knot.  Such a simple little touch that, to me, added a lot.









Hope you enjoyed seeing my little weekend project.  Oh, BTW, the font I used for the letters is a free one I got off the Internet called Coney Island and the svg file I used to make the banner is from the Banners Collection I purchased from Little Scraps of Heaven and you can check it out here:



Thanks for looking....and Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment