Thursday, July 14, 2016

Two New Layouts

Today I'm sharing a couple of layouts I made using cutting files from Cuddly Cute Designs. 

The first one I'm sharing is a one-page layout I made using the "Kitty Borders" pattern.


While my daughter's family was on vacation recently, I would go to their house to check on their two cats every day, and the 'elusive' Ruby finally came out of hiding after about 4 days so that I could take her picture LOL. I haven't downloaded the pictures yet, but this layout will be purrfect for the fun shot I got of her peeking from behind some bed pillows!

The "Kitty Borders" file couldn't be any easier to cut, ink up and assemble and it turns out so cute! 


The black part of my photo frame was made using a Martha Stewart punch, and the little chipboard bracket with Ruby's name in it is from my stash and I inked it with a Tim Holtz distress ink.

Next is a two-page layout I made using the "Freedom Bear" and the "Watching the Fireworks" piecing patterns. When I first saw these patterns, for whatever reason my mind went to Martina McBride's song "Independence Day" and so that's how I came up with my "Let Freedom Ring" title LOL!




For the Freedom part of the title, I decided to add a shadow mat to it so that my letters would pop a little better off the background paper.   All the fireworks and most of the Freedom Bear pieces were made using red, white and blue glitter paper because, you know, what would the Fourth of July be without some sparkle!



Both these files were very easy to assemble and I think they worked quite nicely together. Now all I need to do is add some photos to officially complete these two layouts!

I hope you enjoyed my latest projects!  Until next time ... Happy Scrapping!

Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment